- Fishing season early June to late September.
- Prime time end of june until mid august.
- Over 100 rivers to choose from.
- Majority of rivers medium size and gin clear.
- Recommended rods 6-8 wt, 9-10ft
- Full service lodges, self-catering lodges or self-drive.
Iceland has over 100 gin clear salmon rivers to choose from. Majority of Icelandic rivers are medium size rivers.
Salmon fishing in Iceland is usually a very visual sport and the salmon will often be keen on taking surface flies.
Small flies and skated hitch tubes are highly recommended for salmon fishing in Iceland.
Book your salmon fishing trip to Iceland with a trusted, fully licensed travel company to maximize your chances of a trip of a lifetime.
Fishing & Hunting Destinations only work with highly experienced guides and drivers to make sure that your fishing trip will be as good as possible.
Self Drive or full board accommodation trips.
No matter if you are looking for a self drive, self catering or fully guided 3-6 day trip with full board accommodation we will set up the fishing trip of your needs.